Lucky number 7. Please enjoy these summer beard care tips :
1. HYDRATION! Drinking water is very important not only for your skin but your hair. As an adult man you should be drinking at least a gallon of water a day. It’s more than just grooming it’s a lifestyle.
2. DIET! What you put into your body reflects on the outside. Simple things such as a dry or itchy beard can be caused by a bad diet. Increase dark green leafy vegetables in your diet such as spinach and kale. This foods are rich proteins and iron.
3. MOISTURIZE! During the summer the heat/sweat can dry out your beard and the skin underneath causing irritation, dandruff, dryness etc. Using a oil such as our lavender oil protects your skin and hair from these annoying issues.
4. HYGIENE! You should wash your beard 2-3 times a week and at least two times each sitting. Using a small detangle brush while shampooing will work out any loose dirt or hairs.
5. PREWASH! Using our beard oil or beard butter 15 minutes before you wash your beard is a life changer. You should never do anything to your hair while it’s dry, so by adding a few drops in your hand and massaging from roots to ends will soften your hair before washing and leave your face with a gentle clean.
6. DETANGLE! Applying water an d oil to your beard before brushing/combing helps detangles knots and helps get hydration and the essential oils to the root. Do not use thin tooth plastic comb because they will only pull away at you hair. Instead use a comb that are made for beards, such as a wood comb.
7. BEARD BONNET! Most controversial, but beard bonnets are the best protector for sleep and resting. Applying thicker products such as our beard butter underneath a beard bonnet not only holds the style but protects it from drool and damage from rubbing against your pillow. BE ON THE LOOKOUT WE WILL BE ADDING THIS PRODUCT SOON!
Want to see how our beard butter is made? Click here https://youtu.be/SG3s1Bn7z44
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @mybrotherskeeperessentials
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel My Brothers Keeper Vlogs